RE: Transcript extension proposal

Thanks for sharing these ideas nigel.

Part of the thinking that led to <transcript> representing the transcript
itself, is that a transcript is a discrete chunk of content. Using a
dedicated element provides a hook that UAs and ATs can use in different
ways.

For example a media player product could target <transcript> for default
styling, or an AT that uses semantics could convey the start/end of the
transcript to users, or browsers could implement shortcuts for navigating to
the transcript content.

HTH,
Léonie.

--