Re: Next Tasks on the Text Alternatives Document

On 10 November 2014 19:14, <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> Actually, I disagree. The HTML spec gets referenced as a "Standard" in a
> way that the Note should not (since it doesn't get any measure of the
> consensus of the W3C as a whole).
>
> The two documents should be in synch at the point where an HTML
> Recommendation, and perhaps even a Working Draft, is published, but the
> reason for a Note is that editors who are used to the publishing process,
> in groups who do work, can turn them around much faster. Without being a
> formal W3C Recommendation, this can still be useful as an indication of how
> the Working Group's thinking is evolving.
>
> I doubt there is a huge risk of the HTML spec giving contradictory advice
> if we get this note more or less up to scratch, and maintain it as
> necessary.

+1

As an editor of the HTML spec I am continuing to actively develop the alt
advice in HTML 5.1 as previously mentioned.

I look forward to working with the alt note editors to ensure that any
advice in the techniques note is synchronized with the advice in the HTML
specification.

--

Regards

SteveF