RE: [html-techs-tf] caption vs alt

Hi Steve

>Hi dave,
>thanks for doing the testing.

>Note i never claimed that it worked currently as stated in
http://dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/#m6

Given that it's not accessibility supported right now I think we need to
wait before we provide a WCAG sufficient technique using figcaption. It
appears that the assistive technology companies and the browsers have looked
at figcaption and made a decision on it. For instance the figure is not read
as such. It only reads the caption and ignores the figure so you don't even
know that a figure is there. I kind of wish they hadn't done anything to it
so we could hope that it would be implemented correctly soon. This could
turn into a long-term accessibility support issue, we’ve seen this kind of
thing before... A déjà vu by longdesc? I hope not.

Cheers,

David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613.235.4902

 <http://ca.linkedin.com/in/davidmacdonald100>
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/davidmacdonald100

 <http://www.can-adapt.com/> www.Can-Adapt.com

  Adapting the web to all users

            Including those with disabilities

This e-mail originates from CanAdapt Solutions Inc. Any distribution, use or
copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than the
intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me at the telephone number shown above or by return
e-mail and delete this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par CanAdapt Solutions Inc. Toute
distribution, utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements
qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est
interdite. Si vous avez reçu le message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par
téléphone (au numéro précité) ou par courriel, puis supprimer sans délai la
version originale de la communication ainsi que toutes ses copies. Je vous
remercie de votre collaboration.

--

Regards

SteveF