Re: Call for consensus, longdesc CR Exit Criteria

Hi, Paul:

Paul Cotton writes:
> > two independently implemented publicly released user agents.
>
> I assume this phrase is uses the terms "independent" and "implementation" as defined in:
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/public-permissive-exit-criteria.html
>
> Is that correct?

Yes, but there is a nuance captured in this document as: "may be
implemented by a different set of products, there is no requirement that
all features be implemented by a single product." In the case of longdesc, much of the successful service delivery
to users is actually delivered by assistive
technologies, not by browsers.

Though it's now some years past, you may recall that Judy and I were
very interested to clarify with you, with PLH, and with your WG
Co-Chairs that we needed "stack" and "independent" to include
implementation via separate assistive technology user agents--hence the
phrase I've quoted above.

One message thread, available in the public archive, to further clarify
this topic is at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Sep/0409.html

Janina

--