Re: UNS: RE: UNS: WCAG considering amending F65 to NOT fail missing ALT text if title or aria-label is present

Hello again,

Comments are inline:

Stefan wrote:

> No matter what property will be used, what’s been mapped into the
> platform accessibility api by the respective user agent matters, IMHO.

Are the text alternatives only for screen readers? Are they only for
screen readers that support WAI-ARIA? Is the screen reader the only
consideration of the guideline 1.1 when it talks about text that "can be
changed into other forms people need".

I know a low vision user that sometimes disables images to read the
descriptions because he finds difficult to identify certain icons. The
alt text is also included when you use Ctrl+C to copy the contents of a
web page, so it can also be read if the user copies the text into
another tool (for example, a TTS application that is not a screen reader).

> With other words, when e.g. the MSAA accessible name (get_accName)
> property is satisfied, all good, no matter WHO or WHAT does that.

Of course I assume that MSAA is just an example, the technique should be
also accessibility supported on other non-Windows platforms. In my
opinion, every technique should include an "accessibility support"
section that includes only the environments where the technique has been
tested and verified to be valid.

Regards,
Ramón.