Re: Comment on HTML-longdesc Last Call.

Charles et al,

Thank you for your response. I like the idea behind the TellMeMore
extension and is in the spirit of what I wanted to propose. I understand
from previous responses that my original submission would be too
prescriptive.

My biggest concern is UA being able to claim conformance via interfaces
that are not used by the general public, such as the view source or
developer interfaces.

Maybe simplify to: "If the longdesc value is valid, User agents must
expose the long description using an easily discoverable method to all
users through the regular user interface(s)"

I also accept this is not something that could easily be accomplished
and I think what is currently proposed is well done.

Again I thank you for your feedback and your commitment to improved
accessibility.

Thank you,
Guy Moreau
@gmyxgpws (twitter)