Longdesc Testing

From: Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:27:30 -0400
To: HTML A11Y TF Public <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hello TF,

Per our meeting yesterday [1] we invite you to consider the tests currently under consideration by the TF [2] for testing implementation support of the longdesc attribute.  These tests are a first draft and may not sufficiently demonstrate support for the attribute as described in the HTML5 Image Description specification [3].  We are looking for the following feedback:

* Suggestions for improving the quality of existing tests
* Suggestions for test cases not currently covered
* Preliminary test results

Please provide your feedback to this list (public-html-a11y@w3.org) and/or record your feedback on the longdesc testing wiki page [4].  Descriptions of the test cases as well as instructions for completing the tests are available in the README section [5] on github.

[1] Minutes - http://www.w3.org/2013/08/15-html-a11y-minutes.html
[2] Tests on github - https://github.com/chaals/longdesc-tests
[3] longdesc spec - http://www.w3.org/TR/html-longdesc/
[4] longdesc testing wiki - http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Longdesc-tests