RE: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update

Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> My point was: what if for a particular Website the owner decides that
> the long description is not relevant to be exposed visually, but would
> still like to provide it to the a11y API. Thus, if we *require* it
> both ways, we will end up getting nothing.

I would suggest that if that were the case, then a) the site owner knows
enough about the Accessibility API to know its limitations, and b) we've
done a lousy job on the education front (which perhaps we have, but that can
be addressed as well in other ways).

JF