Re: My case for the obsoletion of longdesc (Was: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update)

James Craig, Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:52:57 -0700:
> On Sep 15, 2012, at 8:22 AM, Laura Carlson wrote:

>>> To the best of my knowledge, one of these approaches (the iframe
>>> example listed at http://cookiecrook.com/longdesc/iframe/)
>>
>> iframe to the best of my knowledge:
>> http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/constriants/iframe.html
>
> I disagree with all of those conclusions, and must also note that
> your synopsis fails to mention that longdesc is not implemented in
> many major browsers, while iframe is implemented in all of them.

It is often appreciated (for example the chairs when they evaluate
polls), if one admits the drawbacks. It would be interesting to know if
you are able to point out *any* negative effects of using <iframe>.
--
leif halvard silli