Re: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update

Hi Silvia,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca> wrote:
>>
>> If the HTML5 WG is prepared to accept that a certain level of UI in fact be
>> prescribed in the spec here, then I think that would be an overall net
>> benefit.  The question is, do the Browser Vendors accept that suggestion?
>
> While HTML5 does not prescribe UI (i.e. normative), it sometimes
> provides recommendations (i.e. informative) on what browsers
> should/could do.

Yes.

We wrote new spec text  over a year and a half ago.
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc#Main_Spec_Changes:

In particular we wrote the text and provided illustrations for the
rendering section:
http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-rendering2.html

Best Regards,
Laura