Re: @transcript=URL attribute proposal for issue 194

Hi Steve,

I am actually disappointed that there was never a decision made on issue
194 in the HTML WG. We still have two competing proposals that are almost
identical and for which we haven't had feedback from all browsers. I am
hesitant to write an extension spec without more input from other potential
implementers on which way forward they prefer on this.

I am, however, considering to write an extension spec on something
orthogonal that came up in the process of discussing the @transcript
attribute: a <transcript> element in which time-aligned interactive
transcripts could be displayed by the browser. I am keen to see that
implemented and experimented with for HTML5.1.

Regards,
Silvia.