RE: Drop longdesc, get aria-describedat?

Hi Geoff,

At 01:21 AM 3/8/2012 +0000, Geoff Freed wrote:

>Hi, Leif, Judy and everyone:
>
>Apologies for jumping in late.  I haven't read all the messages in
>this thread yet, but at the risk of repeating what someone may have
>already pointed out, take note that the DIAGRAM project
>(http://diagramcenter.org/) has begun coordinating with the EPUB
>working group on an epub:describedAt attribute for image descriptions:
>
>http://diagramcenter.org/standards-and-practices/epubdescribedat.html
>
>Before going down the CG path, or any other W3C path, I suggest you
>take a look here first and then see how we can coordinate with the
>work that DIAGRAM has already begun.

I'm aware that the DIAGRAM project has been looking into this, and I
believe that Janina may be aware as well from some of the discussions
with IDPF. I suggest that you coordinate with her as PFWG Chair, and
with the ARIA Task Force that is under PFWG, as there are a number of
requirements that need to be considered together in the design for it
to eventual work smoothly in multiple areas.

Thank you,

- Judy