RE: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order

>> In addition you should expect the Chairs to give authors of change
>> proposals for an issue that depends on a newly decided issue time to
>> refactor or withdraw their CP in the face of a WG decision on the
>> earlier decided issue.

First, we have an example of this in the thread at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0103.html
Note in this case we got a very rapid withdrawal of the impacted change proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0105.html
This will allow us to move forward quite quickly - in this case on a CfC for ISSUE-183.

> How much time is considered reasonable, especially in light of how much time we've spent discussing these three issues. A week? 10 days? 2 weeks?

I don't think the Chairs are willing to give a fixed time for someone to refactor their CP but it would not be longer than one month.  I expect we would negotiate this on a case by case basis.    See Maciej's email listed above for how we will contact the authors of impacted CPs.

> I hear: the Straw Poll for Issue 204 will probably go to survey by no later than Monday or Tuesday next, and reach a deadline for objections in-or-around July 30 or 31, which is 2 weeks from today.
> Would that be a reasonable interpretation?

The Chairs are collecting input on ISSUE-204 and if we have no push back then the survey will occur as soon after Thu as we can get it ready.

> Given busy schedules, summer vacations and the fact that Aug. 1 is a holiday in many locations (including Ottawa <grin>), can the Chairs give us a best-guess estimate of how long they envision this high priority decision evaluation for Issue 204 will take? A week? Ten days? Two weeks? Longer?

I cannot commit my co-chairs but I think we would try to do this in about one week.

> Can we get some specific deadlines please?

Specific deadlines are not possible since we cannot anticipate the issue decisions, their impacts (if any) and the reactions of other WG members whose other CPs might be impacted.  In addition if we applied a maximum time for each step to get very specific deadlines then the deadlines might get changed if an impacted CP with withdrawn as for ISSUE-183 (see above example).

/paulc
HTML WG co-chair

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada