RE: [media] issue-152: documents for further discussion

Hi Silvia,

I had considered @data- attributes but was unsure of the implications of this statement in section 3.2.3.8 of the current HTML5 spec (http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#embedding-custom-non-visible-data-with-the-data-attributes):

"User agents must not derive any implementation behavior from these attributes or values. Specifications intended for user agents must not define these attributes to have any meaningful values."

In the case of in-band tracks, the user agent will have to create the DOM equivalent of the @data- attribute for metadata tracks. This appeared to me as being in conflict with the second sentence of the above quote. Is this not the case?

Thanks,
Bob