Re: longdesc verbiage

Hi Silvia,

> Are you expecting spec text to be taken over word-by-word from
> what this group will be proposing?

The per the HTMLWG decision policy the details section of the change
proposal needs to be :

1. A set of edit instructions, specific enough that they can be
applied without ambiguity.
2.  Spec text for a draft to be published separate from HTML5 (though
such a draft can be proposed at any time without a Change Proposal).
3.  Exact spec text for the sections to be changed, and a baseline
revision for the version of the spec being changed.
4. With prior permission from the chairs, a high-level prose
description of the changes to be made.
http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#change-proposal

So getting task force consensus on 1 or 3 would probably be good.

>> Do you think that the images should
>> be removed from the rendering section? [2] We certainly can pull them
>> out if they are not helpful.
>
> They are good for making a case, but I doubt they are good in the
> spec.

Ben had suggested that we add images. Steve's example text had images
too. But if people think we should pull them out of the rendering
section [1] , it is okay with me. Ben and Steve, and everyone what do
you think? I the rendering section better with or without images?

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-rendering.html

--