Re: Two efforts to kill longdesc

Laura:

John has answered at length. I agree with him, so I won't repeat what he
said.

I would like to remind everyone that I voted 3 times in support of
Laura's longdesc proposal: In the Text Subteam, in the TF telecon, and
in the TF WBS on Longdesc. Those votes are a matter of record, and they
correctly reflect my position today. I have
not changed my mind.

The media situation is simply different. The longdesc proposal could not
meet the user requirements for video and poster, and the markup proposed
for poster would not accomodate the user requirements behind longdesc.

I can only think, Laura, that you haven't understood the media situation
sufficiently. Please note that I'm not criticising you for that. It took
the Media Subteam much discussion over many months to get the
understanding we now have.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200