From: public-html-a11y-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-a11y-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Silvia Pfeiffer
Sent: 06 January 2011 09:26
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force
Cc: Henri Sivonen
Subject: Re: Media TextFormats Accessibility Comparison Summary Released

Dear media a11y members of the a11y TF,

I think Henry has made a valid observation and we should clarify the boxes that talk about xml.

Here's what I suggest changing on the wiki page:

For TTML change the box that contains:
"The XML root of TTML is seen as a problem by some implementers and authors."
"The XML root of TTML is seen as a problem by some implementers and authors. In particular the use of the XSL-FO formatting model which is not already implemented by browser engines poses a major issue."

For WebSRT/WebVTT change the box that contains:
""Is not XML.""
""Is not XML." In particular it reuses the CSS formatting model rather than XML-based formatting models."

Regards,
Silvia.