Re: Agenda: HTML-A11Y Task Force on 17 February at 16:00Z for 60 minutes

On 02/17/2011 03:14 PM, Laura Carlson wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> In September you advised me,
>
> "My recommendation: take your time.  Build your case.  Most of all, do
> not assume that you will get multiple opportunities to do this."
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Sep/0493.html
>
> I took that to heart and have been trying to heed your advice.

I continue to recommend that path.

> What was unclear in the "Timeline to Last Call" is that, the phrase
> "Jan 22, 2010 - cutoff for escalating bugs for pre-LC consideration"
> actually meant that January 22, 2010  was the deadline for all other
> situations. Issue 30 didn't even have a bug so I did not consider that
> date pertained to Issue 30.
>
> My focus was on:
>
> "Feb 23, 2011 - every issue has at least one Change Proposal
> Consequences of missing this date: issues will be closed without
> prejudice and marked POSTPONED; can be reconsidered during LC or for a
> later version of HTML."
>
> If I had known January 22 was the deadline to submit a Proposal for
> Issue 30, I would certainly would have met it. But I didn't know that.
> I was taking my time.  Building my case.

I continue to recommend that you take your time and build your case.

I also reaffirm the understanding our common understanding[1] that once
we passed the January 22nd deadline for the submission of proposals, the
understanding was that once an issue is closed it loses its status as a
pre last call issue.

If this is something you would like to pursue, I would recommend that
you send an email to the team contact like the one Steve sent on issue
133[2].

> Best Regards,
> Laura

- Sam Ruby