Re: [Minutes] Media Sub Team of the Accessibility Task Force - Feb 2., 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Matt May wrote:

> I fail to see how this has anything to do with accessibility, or SMPTE, or timed text.

  I guess you missed the telecon.

  Silvia asked if SMPTE-TT was widely tested (or even deployed) yet. Geoff said that there was little implementation so far but held up UltraViolet as a "major" supporter:

> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu> wrote:
>> Silvia: SMPTE TT is a new format, how much content is currently available
>>
>> Geoff: there is not yet a lot of implementation, but there is one major
>> support - UltraViolet - which is a DRM-like solution to view content from
>> the cloud

  It isn't really reflected in the meeting minutes, but Geoff stressed the multi-vendor buy-in for UltraViolet as an indication that SMPTE-TT would have wide adoption and acceptance.

eric