Re: use of aria-hidden to provide a text description not visible on the page.

Hi Leif,
>Many ARIA supporting ATs doesn't actually seem to support this. :-(

i don't think this is a correct statement.
>Jaws11+Firefox3.6.9 is a quite common AT: It supports aria-labelledby.
>But fails to expose (to users) labels that have been hidden with CSS
>display:none or visibility:hidden.

worked for me for both aria-describedby and aria-labelledby referencing a
div hidden using CSS display:none

> And Jaws+IE7 at least isn't any better.
and so it shouldn't be since IE7 does not implement ARIA support.

regards
Stevef

--
with regards