Re: CFC Via WBS re Bug 9673 Remove WEBSRT

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 May 2010, Janina Sajka wrote:
>>
>> I was requested to draft and circulate resolution language expressing
>> our concern and desire to have WEBSRT removed from HTML 5 specification
>> documents at this time.
>
> I haven't even finished writing it yet, and you're already applying stop
> energy? Could I ask your indulgence to at least wait until I've had the
> time to write the spec and describe its rationale before criticising it?

To be fair: it could have been developed outside the spec and then
later merged in once it's all finished (at least for the W3C spec).
Everyone else of us has to approach new specification text in this way
and that does not hold back energy our energy.

But, again to be fair, it does seem like the HTML WG has special
procedures for the editor, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0123.html, so
it is as it is and this group is just raising its concern over that
state.

Removing WebSRT from the HTML5 spec should not mean stopping
development on it though! I really want to see progress on video
accessibility!

Regards,
Silvia.