RE: Requirements for external text alternatives for audio/video

Phillipe is owner of this implementation. But my understanding is it is considered a correct implementation, I don't know that he has written any documentation.

From: Maciej Stachowiak [mailto:mjs@apple.com]
Sent: 25 March 2010 17:48
To: Sean Hayes
Cc: Eric Carlson; Silvia Pfeiffer; Geoff Freed; HTML Accessibility Task Force; Matt May
Subject: Re: Requirements for external text alternatives for audio/video

On Mar 25, 2010, at 10:21 AM, Sean Hayes wrote:

The semantics of TTML is specified in terms of XSL:FO, it does not require an XSL:FO implementation.  The majority of the style features in TTML are already found in CSS. The W3C has an implementation of TTML based on conversion into HTML & CSS.

Is it a correct implementation? How well does the XSL:FO formatting model map to CSS? Is there any documentation (even informative) on implementing TTML/DFXP using a CSS formatter?

Regards,
Maciej