Re: [media] Addressing "Captioning" feedback on requirements document

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:52:42 +0200, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I'm going to start our work item by going through the feedback that
> was provided on the captioning section. I'm making suggestions for
> changes to make in the wiki. Thus, the notes below are in preparation
> for your input.
>
> Feedback was provided at:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/20080526_media-requirements/results#xq7
> for the spec at:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements#Captioning
>
> 2.
> (CC-5) Is this a requirement for pixel-perfect positioning, or
> relative positioning? Must it be possible to give a bounding box for
> the text, or is it enough to say where it starts?
>
> Suggestion: ?? don't understand what erasures means actually ??

Is it the original requirement or my feedback that is confusing here?

> 7.
> (CC-26) Sounds like a bonus, not an essential requirement.
>
> Reply: Internationalisation of captions is a core requirement,
> otherwise we remove a large number of users from access to the
> content.

Right, I don't remember how I misread that, I probably thought it was
saying that the format should support a single file with multiple
languages.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer