Re: Please Read (was RE: Survey on Media Accessibility Requirements)

At 12:26 AM 6/2/2010 +1000, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
><...>
>We have already in the past collected legal requirements for media
>accessibility at
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_TextAssociations_Requirements

FYI, legal requirements for accessibility are constantly evolving.
Those currently listed here include some rather old sets, for
instance they appear to include the US Section 508 regulations, circa
2000, ten years ago, which is in the process of being updated. I
don't believe that they capture all the relevant US laws or regs
related to media accessibility. And they include the UK's DDA, and
the Council of the EU's requirements, but not those from many other
countries. So we should be careful not to imply that these are a
comprehensive or necessarily up-to-date set of legal requirements. I
think it's better to work from the lists of user and technical
requirements that we've been compiling.

- Judy