RE: Media--Technical Implications of Our User Requirements

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I suggest that it would be useful to go over the requirements document
> and classify which requirements need to be served by built-in features
> of the media elements, and which could be served for now just by
> exposing the right primitives (such as hooks into the timing model, or
> the ability to have a "metadata" track that lets the Web app do all the
> processing.)

We are in fact in the process of starting that prioritization now, now
that we're closing in on the stabilization of user-requirements, which
should be completed by the end of today's call.

We've circled around the idea of a "director" track similar to the
Daisy/SMIL model and/or a ToC hypertext document that reflects the
time-line of the primary media asset, to coordinate both inter-asset
(structured/semantic) navigation as well as synchronizing timing markers.
We’ve not covered this in any detail to date, although there was some
brief discussion last week on our call.

JF