Re: Media--Technical Implications of Our User Requirements

A further comment re granularity control and navigation by structure ...

If one has random access to a TOC, or a map of nav points such as a TOC
represents, there's arguably little need of a granularity control. It's
not for the mouse user.

Granularity control matters for the user who must sequentially walk
through nav points--especially if they must also pause to hear what the
nav point they've come to is. The problem, of course, is to provide user
control that permits large movement, and fine movement, as may be
useful, thus avoiding the inevitable problem of too many or too few nav
points when these are hard-locked in advance.

Please consider the following in this light. hth.

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org