Re: Media--Technical Implications of Our User Requirements

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:09:14 -0400, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 16:41 +0200, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

>> > volume (for each available audio track)
>>
>> .volume
>
> Is there a need to have simultaneous playing of audio tracks? If
> not, .volume is good enough indeed.
>
> Philippe

Audio description. Boosting conversation to get audio contrast against
background music/sound effects.

Also, the way that a lot of countries do dubbing even for television and
movies, where they shift the volume of the original track to get important
sound effects, but just speak over the top of it to dub the conversation.
If you can't get a conversation track seperated from the sound effects
track, that's a practical low-cost solution.

cheers

Chaals