Re: Survey ready on canvas proposal

I will modify my response to state MUST NOT in the survey. ... accept with
modifications as it only applies only when the canvas is being rendered.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

             David Singer
             <singer@apple.com
             Sent by:                  HTML Accessibility Task Force
             public-html-a11y-         <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
             request@w3.org                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/23/2010 11:12          Re: Survey ready on canvas proposal
             AM

On Feb 22, 2010, at 15:35 , Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Specifically, this is the sentence that is not totally clear to me:
>
>  "The default value for adom is false to indicate that the canvas subtree
is only used as fallback content and may not be used as an accessible DOM
subtree representation of what is drawn on canvas."

I note that in specs one generally does not use "may not" as it is
ambiguous (does it mean "must not" as in common usage, or "may or may not",
i.e. a choice?).

David Singer