Re: Video Poster image

I respectfully disagree.

I'm sorry, perhaps the word 'poster' is misleading.  In the HTML case, it is not an advertisement for a resource which is 'miles away', as a movie poster is (it's on a billboard, the movie is in a cinema), it's a proxy for the video before it's played in the same place.  I think it conceptually wrong to have alternatives for proxies -- the proxy and the alternative are peers.

David Singer