Re: Predefined JS Libraries

From: Neil Jenkins <neilj@fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 13:34:07 +1100
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Innovimax W3C <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com>, HTML for Email Community Group <public-htmail@w3.org>
On Wed, 5 Feb 2014, at 08:55 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> That's not a complex problem. You can use existing tooling to mark up
> part of the content of the email as your address. The clients can then
> turn this into an interactive card that offers the reader the ability
> to see her directions.

Agreed. Providing more semantic information for the client to do
something useful with is a far better approach, and will allow for more
innovation.

(Also, in this situation, I don't really see why it's so much better to
have a dynamic map inside your email rather than a static image of the
map around your house, which when clicked takes you to a mapping website
for more interaction. Not everything has to happen in the email client…)

Neil.