Re: Preparation of MSE Proposed Recommendation

On Aug 5, 2016, at 5:33 PM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:

This email enumerates work that I believe needs to be done before we can
produce a final MSE Proposed Recommendation.  Please respond inline with
your status updates.  If we can do this via email then maybe we can avoid
having an Editor’s meeting on Tuesday.

David:  There are a couple of items related to EME below.

/paulc

1. At Risk Features

> The appendStream feature is covered by ISSUE-14 [2].

> The VideoPlaybackQuality and totalFrameDelay features are covered by
ISSUE-69 [3].

> The TrackDefault feature is covered by ISSUE-136 [5].

Where do we stand in removing these features from the MSE Editors’ Draft:

http://w3c.github.io/media-source/

2. Remaining V1Editorial issues

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/milestone/5

When will the last 4 V1Editorial issues we dealt with?

Matt: Since we have seen no movement on the HTML 5.1 issue that is blocking
MSE ISSUE-99, do we have a work around we can use WITHOUT any HTML 5.1
change?

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/99

https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/550

Mark: When are we going to finish the WebIDL work?

I thought this was done. I don't think it has been merge yet - I'm waiting
for someone to check the most recent changes.

Matt and David: Given that Mark and Jerry are on vacation this coming week,
can you take care of this so it does not block us?

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/83

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/293

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/249

Matt: Can you close out ISSUE-45 using Jerry’s proposed change?

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/45

3.  Recent MSE issues with no milestone

Matt: What do we plan to do with the following recent MSE issues?  Do any
of these bugs block us from proceeding to PR?

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/137

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/124

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/110

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/104

4. MSE Testing results

Philippe: Can you summarize our current MSE testing status?  Do we have
enough evidence to proceed to PR?  What if anything do we need to do about
Jean-Yves Avenard private email about MSE test results?

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Team/team-html-chairs/2016Aug/0001.html

5. MSE Registry

Philippe:  Can you give an exact schedule for completing the EME and MSE
Registry work?

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/74

which depends on

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/104