Re: GRDDL WG may close any time now

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Dan Connolly wrote:

> This GRDDL WG finished its job a while ago, but to
> stay on the safe side of some open patent policy issues*, W3C
> didn't formally close this WG.
>
> It has since become more clear that the issue doesn't
> affect the GRDDL WG, so this WG can be closed any time now.
>
> Does it matter to anybody when we close this WG?
>
> Do you have an upcoming birthday or anything, Harry? ;-)

Eventually, yes :)

> If we close this WG, the comments list stays open,
> but there's no way to come up with an answer that's
> officially on behalf of the WG.
>
> If we don't close the WG, I suppose Harry can
> call a meeting any time, given a week's notice,
> and we could conduct WG business; e.g. collective
> action re HTML 5 head/@profile.

This is the only issue that I can think of that might motivate keeping the
group open. However, it is a fairly important issue that *should* be
addressed whenever the rel/head/profile issue seems resolved by the HTML 5
WG. DanC - would it be correct to say that, despite the various comments
on the GRDDL list, that profile is defintely going to be dropped?

If so, we have 2 options to fix the problem, I think:

1) Reconvene a few meetings in order to issue perhaps a WG note and some
test-case errata to deal with HTML 5?

2) Wait for a new Semantic Web Deployment Group at some point that updates
RDFa, GRDDL, etc. to work with HTML5 WG.

What do GRDDL WG members think?

--
 				--harry

 	Harry Halpin