Re: OWL/XML and GRDDL

2008/5/9 Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>:

> Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> the OWL WG published a WD of a new XML syntax for OWL,
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-owl2-xml-serialization-20080411/
>>
>> The intent is to provide this in a GRDDL enabled form.
>>
>> Is there anyone who would be happy and able to help with such a task?
>

>>  I am rather busy finishing my dissertation right now so I can not help
> with anything right now, but I think this is highly admirable and ideal use
> of GRDDL (as is the POWDER use), and would not leave it as an exercise to
> the reader :)
>
> Do keep us updated!

 s/finishing my dissertation/preparing for sem tech

But if there's any way I can help given limited time,  let me know.

Must admit I don't really understand Bijan's objections to the group putting
up an XSLT, especially given that the neatest approach - pointing to the
xslt in the ns doc - would need the ns doc's maintainer's cooperation.

I did have a quick look at the spec...there's a lot of it! So I wondered if
it'd succumb to process I've found useful in the past. Essentially get the
schema in a form that Relaxer [1] could use, and get that to create a
starter XSLT - it can generate an identity transformation with coverage of
all the elements/attributes in a Relax NG schema, bypassing a bit of manual
effort. When it works, which it didn't this time (the docs weren't much
help, and spending time digging into the code defeats the object somewhat).

But I did get as far as generating Relax NG schemas (attached) from the OWL
syntax xsd using the Sun tools at [2], which may be easier to follow than
the docs/xsd when building an XSLT, or perhaps used in some other form of
semi-automation or test generation.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~dp8t-asm/java/tools/Relaxer/