RE: Multiple GRDDL results in a single transform??? GRDDL and Named Graphs

In http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/POWDER
I am taken aback by this statement:
"By the operation of GRDDL, then every POWDER document has two GRDDL results: itself (being an RDF/XML document), and the result of the POWDER transform applied to that document."

In the GRDDL WG I remember pursuing the question of whether an RDF/XML document could have a GRDDL transformation (by virtue of being XML) in addition to the identity transformation defined by the GRDDL spec:
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#rule_rdfxbase
"If an information resource IR is represented by a conforming RDF/XML document[RDFX], then the RDF graph represented by that document is a GRDDL result of IR."

I remember being told that it is not possible: the RDF/XML syntax does not allow the grddl:transformation attribute to be specified on the root element.  Indeed, the RDF validator at
http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/
confirms this.  When I feed this supposedly RDF/XML into the validator:
[[
<?xml version="1.0"?>
xmlns:grddl='http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#'
      grddl:transformation="glean_title.xsl"

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/">
    <dc:title>World Wide Web Consortium</dc:title>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>
]]
The validator reports: "Error: {E201} Illegal attributes on rdf:RDF[Line = 6, Column = 2]"

How exactly is POWDER proposing to gain this additional GRDDL transformation?

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.