Re: How are correct, unambiguous results possible with implementation-defined XML pre-processing?

Murray Maloney wrote:
> "Faithful infoset" may seem like a bug or a glaring hole in the spec,
> but if you look at it just right, it is a feature.

Does that mean that in your view we have done a satisfactory job which
we do not believe may need review at some point in the future, as
opposed to, what I thought was the case, that we have done the best we
can, given limitations, but that for GRDDL 2.0 (if such a thing ever
happens) this should certainly be looked at again?

The reason for asking is that in the first case (a satisfactory job) the
record is correct (a closed issue), whereas in the second case (as good
as we could do, but unsatisfactory) a postponed issue would be a better
record.

I was not present when the decision was made, and do not wish to argue
about the content of the decision - I am merely trying to ensure that
the record is correct.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited