Re: About W3C > Contact Updates

On 3/30/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 14:29 +0000, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 13:42 +0000, Brian Suda wrote:
> > > Hello, I am a member of the GRDDL Working Group. I took an action[1]
> > > to mark-up the W3C contact page with a GRDDL profile and some
> > > microformats so that data could easily be extracted from the HTML as
> > > RDF. It is best to practice what we preach.
>
> Brian, "W3C" doesn't show up in any of the FN nor ORG fields.
> I don't see an obvious fix. Got any ideas?

--- we have a few options, but it would call for some re-working on
the HTML. The issue is that the contact information seems to be for
the 'host institutions'. Somehow, we need to connect that the W3C is
AT these institutions.

What exactly would you expect the output to be?
ORG;CHARSET=UTF-8:W3C Offices at ERCIM
ORG;CHARSET=UTF-8:W3C at Keio University
ORG;CHARSET=UTF-8:MIT\, W3C host institution

The simplest thing to do would be to just expand the FN value in the HTML
<abbr title="Massachusetts Institute of Technology"><a
href="http://www.csail.mit.edu/" shape="rect" class="fn org
url">MIT</a></abbr>
becomes:
<strong  class="fn org"><abbr title="Massachusetts Institute of
Technology"><a href="http://www.csail.mit.edu/" shape="rect"

It becomes slightly wordie, but is the simplest solution.

Using some of the properties of the include pattern, it is possible to
associate a person (FN;LANGUAGE=en-US;CHARSET=UTF-8:Caroline Baron)
with the organization. The first obstacle is to get "W3C" somehow
associated with the host organization.

Am i allowed to word-smith abit and/or re-work the HTML? if so i can
get the string "W3C" into the so it will work with the existing XSLTs
for RDF and vCard.

-brian

--
brian suda