Re: Advocacy and Marketing

well, there's http://esw.w3.org/topic/GrddlImplementations

> I'm happy to push some of the microformats based applications such as
> Operator[1,2], WebCards[3], and Tails, to detect GRDDL profiles, but
> then there needs to be an "action". Such as "extract this RDF" or
> "View RDF graph", etc.
>
> Is the W3C validator GRDDL aware?

No, at least not yet...

>  could these apps send the URL to the
> validator and see an RDF graph? What about SPARQL.org? is there a
> service that will extract the RDF and return it to you for download?

yes, linked from the list above.
 http://www.w3.org/2003/11/rdf-in-xhtml-demo

> If there are existing web-based GRDDL aware apps,

The tabulator integrated GRDDL support using the GRDDL service
mentioned above.
 http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2005/ajar/ajaw/Help.html

There's also a SPARQL+GRDDL service from XMLarmynkife
somewhere near http://esw.w3.org/topic/DawgShows
I think http://xmlarmyknife.org/docs/rdf/sparql/ is it.

>  then it saves
> microformats related plugins from having to write GRDDL code, but
> instead to punt that issue to another service.

Yeah, that's a way to get started, though it has performance/scalability
issues. W3C doesn't have budget to supply the world with all
the compute resources they demand ;-)