RE: Proposal 2c (minimal parsing) to address the ambiguity issue

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:06:40 -0400
To: <ogbujic@ccf.org>
Cc: <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

> From: Chimezie Ogbuji [mailto:ogbujic@ccf.org]
> [ . . . ]
> So, GRDDL would be defining a specific, fine-grained parsing mechanism
> independent of the *inevitable* development of a general-purpose XML
> Processing Model which answers the question (among others) of
> "What will the impact of a default processing model be on
> existing XML documents and processors,...?" --
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/xml-processing-model-wg-charter.html
> #xml-scope

Yes, because that doesn't exist yet.  If we wish to instead defer to
that future definition of an XProc default processing model, that is the
explicit intent of the compromise proposal, #3c:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0333.html

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.