RE: Proposal 2c (minimal parsing) to address the ambiguity issue

> From: Chimezie Ogbuji [mailto:ogbujic@ccf.org]
> [ . . . ]
> How can this be independent of #issue-faithful-infoset (which has been
> closed, re-opened, closed, and postponed - taking XProc's charter into
> account)?

It isn't.  Since #issue-faithful-infoset is currently postponed rather
than closed, this proposal would represent a change to the WG's default
position on that issue, in the absence of being able to actually close
it.

> [ . . . ]
> Would the notion of minimum processing not need to be defined very
> explicitly (in the absence of any current definition)?

Not sure. I ran the idea by one implementer, and he didn't raise any
immediate flags, but that isn't much of a sample size.  Do you think it
needs to be further defined?  If so, how?  The informative text can also
provide further explanation.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.