Re: Could you update the GRDDL Service to be compliant with the GRDDL Spec

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 15:05 +0200, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Hello Harry,
>
> Le dimanche 24 juin 2007 à 00:21 -0400, Harry Halpin a écrit :
> >     We are getting GRDDL ready for movement to Proposed Recommendation.
>
> Glad to hear that!
>
> > Since GRDDL is going to be a W3C Web Specification, it is important for
> > us to get the W3C online services to be conformant with the
> > specification before we get to Recommendation status by the end of
> > July\early August.  I understand your cycles are limited, but can you
> > request to the W3C that you be given enough spare cycles over the next
> > month to upgrade the service.
>
> I think that's fairly unlikely to be possible.

Hmm... maybe I'll escalate that internally; on the other hand...

> > Would it be difficult for you to plug in either the Python GRDDL client
> > [1] or Jena [2] into the GRDDL online service? Both distributions are
> > very actively maintained, and I believe this would take the vast
> > majority of the burden off your shoulders.
>
> It would for the GRDDL-part, but I would still have to figure the
> details of setting it up in a secure fashion; has anyone set up another
> online-GRDDL service anywhere?

I use Dave Beckett's triplr quite a bit.
  http://triplr.org/

>  It would be easier for me to simply copy
> an existing CGI script rather than having to set up one; also, if the
> current demonstrator is too likely to cause confusion, we could shut it
> down (until somebody has enough cycles to set up a better one), and/or
> redirect to another existing service.

Indeed, that might be best.

In fact, we had a pretty interesting discussion of triplr today
in #swig; I see the discussion continues in a blog entry...

Triplr bug and the future of profiles (Tom Morris)
http://swig.xmlhack.com/2007/06/25/2007-06-25.html#1182781848.265698
http://tom.opiumfield.com/blog/2007/06/25#When:12:50:41
http://chatlogs.planetrdf.com/swig/2007-06-25.html#T12-36-31