Re: Could you update the GRDDL Service to be compliant with the GRDDL Spec

I would prefer a working version rather than shutting the previous
version down, and if there's anything we can do to help you would be great.

Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Hello Harry,
>
> Le dimanche 24 juin 2007 à 00:21 -0400, Harry Halpin a écrit :
>
>>     We are getting GRDDL ready for movement to Proposed Recommendation.
>>

> Glad to hear that!
>

>> Since GRDDL is going to be a W3C Web Specification, it is important for
>> us to get the W3C online services to be conformant with the
>> specification before we get to Recommendation status by the end of
>> July\early August.  I understand your cycles are limited, but can you
>> request to the W3C that you be given enough spare cycles over the next
>> month to upgrade the service.
>>

> I think that's fairly unlikely to be possible.

Looking at our schedule, we're supposed to close the Working Group by Q3
2007, i.e. Sept 2007. Looking into your future schedule, would it be
possible to have a W3C GRDDL service that's compliant with the standard
working by then?

That gives you a few months - and since now GRDDL is Rec-track, it would
make sense for the W3C to support it as a service and to over the next
few months give you enough cycles to set-it-up.
>> Would it be difficult for you to plug in either the Python GRDDL client
>> [1] or Jena [2] into the GRDDL online service? Both distributions are
>> very actively maintained, and I believe this would take the vast
>> majority of the burden off your shoulders.
>>

> It would for the GRDDL-part, but I would still have to figure the
> details of setting it up in a secure fashion; has anyone set up another
> online-GRDDL service anywhere? It would be easier for me to simply copy
> an existing CGI script rather than having to set up one; also, if the
> current demonstrator is too likely to cause confusion, we could shut it
> down (until somebody has enough cycles to set up a better one), and/or
> redirect to another existing service.

I am not aware of another online GRDDL service except for XMLArmyKnife,
which seems to have lost their domain name :(

Regardless, it would be a great thing to set-up, and I would be happy to
lobby for support for your time to get the service set-up.

           cheers,
                 harry

--
  -harry