RE: Caching paragraph, #issue-html-nsdoc

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 11:46 -0500, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, McBride, Brian wrote:
> > [[
> > Some standard namespace documents, such as the HTML [@@ref] namespace
> > document have very many references to them.  If GRDDL implementations
> > were to retrieve these documents every time they processed a document
> > referring to them, the servers serving those documents could become
> > overloaded.  GRDDL implementations therefore MUST NOT retrieve such
> > documents on every reference and MUST retain some local memory of the
> > transformations those documents indicate should be applied.  To avoid
> > misrepresentation of published information, GRDDL Implementations MUST
> > ensure that this local memory is up to date.
> > ]]
>
> This seems a little redundant with respect to web architecture best
> practices.

Indeed, but a little redundancy doesn't hurt with stuff like this.
I did add a reference to the relevant bit of webarch...

[[
Some namespace documents, such as the XHTML namespace document
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml have very many references to them. If GRDDL
aware agents were to retrieve these documents every time they processed
a document referring to them, the origin servers of those documents
could become overloaded. GRDDL aware agents therefore should not
retrieve such documents on every reference and should retain some cache
or local memory of the transformations those documents indicate should
be applied. To avoid misrepresentation of published information, GRDDL
aware agents should ensure that this local memory is up to date and
should support user options to configure or disable the cache. See also
section section 3.1. Using a URI to Access a Resource of [WEBARCH]
]]
 -- http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#sec
    Revision 1.192  2007/01/26 22:49:38

I found that I already had a TODO note to touch on this caching stuff
in the security section, so I put this para there rather than in
the (as yet unwritten) sample implementation appendix.