Re: Some spec comments (defn transformation property etc.)

http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec
Revision 1.223  2007/02/19 22:02:06  connolly
- Specify how relative URI references work while
   explaining the titleauthor.html example

- move defn transformation property before the first rule where it's
used

- note transformation properties need not be total

Details...

On Feb 19, 2007, at 11:33 AM, McBride, Brian wrote:
> [...]
> [[
> Note that this serialization of the graph contains a relative URI
> reference.  The base URI for interpretting relative URI references in a
> serialization of a graph produced by a GRDDL transformation is the URI
> of the source document.
> ]]

OK.

> Reading the rule jars a bit because the definition of TP comes after
> the
> rule - better to move it before.

Yes.

> This raises two questions in my mind.
>
> 1.  Should we say something about what happens when the input document
> is not in the domain of the transformation - e.g. the code goes belly
> up
> when executing.

Yes. I noted that in the section on Transformation Algorithms. Hmm...
the result is a little choppy, perhaps.

>   This might affect the section on conformance labels.

I don't think so.

> 2. Is a transform necessarily functional on the input document alone?
> For example, a transform that includes a triple containing the time at
> which the transform was run is not a GRDDL transform?

Indeed, by design, it is not. See also earlier discussion:

if a transformation is not well-defined, all bets are off, right?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Sep/0207

> Hey - I got to the end of section 2.

:)