Re: "GRDDL Agents" section, normative security text for review (# issue-conformance-labels)

On Feb 17, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
> As regards the possibility of recursion in GRDDL, I noticed this
> earlier
> when making the grddlonrdf testcase, so I wrote a quick test-case. Try
> to see what happens when you GRDDL this URI:
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin/homepage/notes/recursive.rdf

I wonder if this is different from the existing (unapproved) loop test
case.
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3#loop

> Chime's GRDDL.py does appear to go into an endless loop

Yes, I have seen that bug before.

>  - on my machine,
> I get a "  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/random.py", line 188, in
> randrange    if width >= maxwidth:
> RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp"
>
> Ouch.
>
> We could underspecify this or add my test to the test-suite and add
> some
> text.

Why add any text? This is just a bug in some software. I don't
see anything that's unspecified.