RE: "GRDDL Agents" section, normative security text for review (# issue-conformance-labels)

Reading

  http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec [editor's draft $Date: 2007/02/17
21:58:04 $]

Section 7 begins:

[[
A GRDDL Agent is a software module that computes GRDDL results of
information resources. Given a URI I of an information resource IR, and
an XPath node N for a representation of IR, subject to security
considerations below and local policy and configuration, a GRDDL Agent
should:
]]

I think this is ambiguous.  It could be saying:

Forall ?X, if ?X computes GRDDL results of information resources then ?X
is a GRDDL Agent

And therefore, if anything computes any GRDDL result it should conform
the rules in the list that follows.

It could be saying:

If ?X is a GRDDL agent then ?X computes GRDDL results of information
resources and should conform to the rules in the following list.

I think you probably mean the latter.

I note that section 8 is written in terms, not of a GRDDL Agent but of
GRDDL-aware agents.  So I'm not sure if the intent is to keep this term
also in the document.  If so, it might be helpful to distinguish it
clearly from a GRDDL Agent.

Does the following express what you mean?

[[
A GRDDL Aware Agent computes GRDDL results according to the rules in
this specification but may be designed not to compute all the GRDDL
results of an input representation.  A GRDDL Agent is a GRDDL Aware
Agent that conforms to the following requirements.  Given a URI I of an
information resource IR, and an Xpath node N for a representation of IR,
except where proscribed by the security considerations described below
or by local policy as expressed in its configuration, a GRDDL Agent
should:

]]

Or am I just confused?

Brian