Re: review of test cases

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 14:50 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> I am happy with these modifications, except:
> - the aboutTests change,
> - inclusion of base-detail, superceded by events
> - minor aspects of description of #xmlbase3
>
> Also, no approval seems to have been added to the grddl result for
> embedded-rdf4.

I wasn't sure where we stand with regards to approval on this test.
See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0255.html
where I indicate how this test might be conflicting with the 'current
reading'.

> aboutTests
> ==========
>
> I'll explain my concerns, and make a suggestion as to achieve both our
> goals.
>
> My understanding is that a URI such as
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-tests/titleauthor.html
>
> are not part of the WG's intent.

Yes. Note in the current 'draft' the href link is absolute, so this will
not be a problem if / when it is published into
http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-tests/ space - at least with regards to the
links in the source document.

Yes, when gleaned 'on the fly' from http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-tests/.

> will include such a URI; hence this is unsatisfactory.
> I also believe that the GRDDL results will be published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-tests/grddl-tests.rdf

One option is to *not* publish that 'pre-gleaned' RDF graph from /TR
space.  I much prefer this.  However, if we go with your first
suggestion from below then this becomes a non-issue.

> and once again, this should not include relative URIs into
> http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-tests/
>
> If
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.rdf
> is copied as is into the TR directory, we will have such references to
> non-resources.
>
> It would be possible to do either of the following:
>
> a) use the aboutTests as modified, but with an
> xml:base="http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/"
> and then someone wanting to do local testing, can simply delete that base.

I also prefer this.  It requires only a little more effort than prior to
get an environment for local testing (which I think is crucial -
especially considering my painful experience with being blocked from W3C
space for repeated requests)

> b) include the aboutTests as modified as aboutTestsLocal.xsl, and revert
> aboutTests.xsl to only give the full URLs

I'm against this option as I think we can achieve both goals of not
relying on the current .htaccess redirect of test material as well as a
relatively painless way to run local tests.

> Personally, I think either of these is unnecessary, but I wouldn't mind.
>
> For me, the implementor who is testing against a local copy of the test
> material is using a cache, and that is their responsibility and not the
> WGs.
> (a) above, in particular, seems to be making enough allowance for
> such an implementor

I agree.  I do think *some* allowance is prudent.

> Suggested change:
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
>    <r:RDF>
>      <xsl:apply-templates />
>    </r:RDF>
> </xsl:template>

> <xsl:template match="/">
>    <r:RDF xml:base="http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/">
>    <xsl:comment>If you wish to run the tests using local copies of the
> files then it is possible to modify the above xml:base as
> appropriate.</xsl:comment>
>      <xsl:apply-templates />
>    </r:RDF>
> </xsl:template>

Done..

> base-detail
> ===========
>
> The text is:
> [[
> # A transform that does not respect xml:base:
> input output
>
> The output of a transform is processed with the retrieval IRI, not that
> given by an xml:base.
> ]]
> This text is not consistent with the descriptions and decisions of the
> xmlbase and htmlbase tests.
>
> Since we have not approved this test, I suggest simply deleting it.
> We may want to review our coverage of the base issues later.

I agree (re: deleting it), I just wanted to confirm with you (as it was
in the pending list).  Done ..

--
Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top 3 hospitals in
America by U.S.News & World Report. Visit us online at
http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of
our services, staff and locations.