Re: #xmlbase [1234]

Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
> The dialog on this is become rather philosophical, which leads me to
> conclude that there needs to be better guidance than just saying "check
> out this RFC specification and this XML base specification; all your
> answers are there".

which is part of the role of the test!

On the sub-issue of xml:base's inside the document (not on the root), I
have code in the library that deals with this on my old assumption. If
we change the assumption, I will change the library code, to deal with
the new case.

I can then take an action to do the following refactoring to the library:
- extract xml:base code from embeddedRDF and put it in its own document,
referenced via an xsl:import or xsl:include
- add the new document as a third part of the library, intended for
transform developers

I tend to agree with Chime that we are more likely to get faithful
renditions, with his version of the test.
Otherwise we are expecting transform authors to know the base issues and
to implement such code.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited