RE: Proposed edit to identify RDF/XML (issue-mt-ns clarification)

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 09:49 -0400, Clark, John wrote:
> ...  Here's the text for that
> approach:
>   <th>Normative Statement</th>

> "application/rdf+xml" or is an XML document such that the XPath
> expression
>
> <pre>/*[local-name()="RDF" and
>    namespace-uri()="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"]</pre>
>
> returns a node-set with a single node, then it is a conforming RDF/XML
> document.</p>

Hmm... it seems a bit scary to come right out and normatively
say what's an RDF/XML document anywhere besides the RDF/XML spec.

Also, I reviewed issue-mt-ns and found that we'd have
to re-open the issue to add a rule, since
our 2007-02-07 decision was that "the current rules address
issue-mt-ns".
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#issue-mt-ns

So rather than add any normative rule boxes, I just
added this paragraph after the existing rule, citing*
a test case that we recently approved:

[[
Note that while an application/rdf+xml media type is one indication that
a document is RDF/XML, section 7.2.1 Grammar start of [RDFX] leaves open
"other means" by which an RDF/XML document may be identified. For the
purposes of the rule above, root element whose local name is RDF and
whose namespace URI is http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# is
such a means. For a case in point, see the grddlonrdf-xmlmediatype test
case.
]]
  -- http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec v1.252

* v1.252 cites GRDDL test cases normatively