Re: Primer review... ok to go with XFN as is?

Chime, Harry,

Ian has run out of time for the week...

<iand> v 1.4 is in cvs
<DanC> does 1.4 include an attempt at XFN?
<iand> no.
<DanC> ah. hm.
<DanC> I'll try to get Chime's OK without it.
<iand> ok, thanks. i have to dash!

Would you please take a look at
  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/grddl29/

and let us know if you can OK what's there about XFN?

I'm having plenty of doubts of my own about whether I can
get this WD out today. I'm re-discovering all sorts of
W3C patent policy stuff etc. that's between us and publication.

So if you give a thumbs-down, it won't be the only reason
we don't ship. But it may be a two week slip, not just one,
since I'm out of town next week.

I sorta have an OK from Harry...

<HarryH> I was hoping to sit down and crank out some example files for
the primer, but won' t have time till next week.
<HarryH> Working drafts don't have to be perfect, I just want it to be
*good* :)
<HarryH> And I've never got any RDF->XFN identity consolidation stuff
ever working, so I'd need someone to give me pointers to write example
files and help with the primer.
<HarryH> XFN->RDF
<DanC> RDF->XFN identity is so easy... I just need another pair of
hands...
<DanC> have you seen my original "XFN on the GRDDL" message from umpteen
years ago?
<DanC>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2004Jan/0014.html
<DanC> ok, truth be told, I haven't worked thru the details of the more
recent XFN identity stuff. but it looks really easy.
<DanC> we could work toward a cwm proof of cross-site identity ;-)
<-- iand has quit (Ping timeout)
<HarryH> No, hadn't seen that message before!
<HarryH> I should get on that listserv..
<HarryH> Hmmm...I've also noticed some of my grammatical changes haven't
been checked into the primer.
<HarryH> Things like missing subjects of a few sentences.
<HarryH> OK - I feel guilty. I'll go and work on the Primer example
files now...
<HarryH> And will shoot the results off to the list in a few hours.
However, I'm OK with them not appearing in the WD.
<DanC> re grammatical changes, I'm standing by for an update from Ian
<HarryH> OK will work on getting example files together for Brian's XFN
bit.
<HarryH> However, again - just ship it whenever you're happy with it.

[...]