Re: Must clients use all transformations specified?

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 09:43 +0100, Ian Davis wrote:
> Must a GRDDL-aware client apply every transformation present in a
> document or can it be selective about which ones to apply?
>
> My opinion is that the client can choose to apply any number of the
> transformations in any order.

Yes.

> We probably need to include some words to that effect in the spec.

Is it not already sufficiently clear?

The spec currently doesn't define "GRDDL-aware client" or any such
class of software. It just tells you what RDF data is part of the
meaning of a document. It seems self-evident, to me, that any client
may ignore any part of the data in a document.

I'd be happy with examples that show clients that only bother
to look at specific hard-coded profiles. Is it better to put
that in the spec or someplace else? I don't see a natural place
in the current draft.

http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec 1.83